3/17/20 - CLOSED DUE TO SHELTER IN PLACE MANDATE
Dear Red Dot Fitness Family (on 3/13/20),
These are extraordinary times we’re living in. The corona virus is uncharted territory for everyone. Staying healthy and safe is a duty we all have to our community as a whole. As your health and fitness partner, this message serves to provide you information about what it is we’re doing to help you stay as safe, healthy, and productive as possible during this incredibly challenging time.
In addressing the most recent Santa Clara County Mandate of prohibiting gatherings of 100 ppl, and gatherings of 35-100 ppl, we want to communicate how this impacts you specific to your services/membership here at Red Dot Fitness.
First, while it may appear otherwise at times, we average 10-15 ppl/hour including employees. Our fitness floor (not including lobby, offices, showers, & restrooms) is 4200+ sq/ft. This equates to 280 sq/ft/person on average and up to 140 sq/ft/person at our absolute peak. Our current daily operation never exceeds 30 ppl in the building at one time - even at our peak hours (esp. 6AM on weekdays & 10AM on Saturdays).
Because the County of Santa Clara has technically coded us as a “Physical Therapy Office” (city code), and a by-appointment-only facility, we can and will employ additional measures to maintain smaller numbers of clients in the facility at one time including but not limited to:
- Reducing class capacity where attendance is generally low – NOT canceling classes
- Adding additional class times throughout the day to help “spread” traffic and minimize contact throughout the day
- Closely monitoring personal training sessions and class scheduling/attendance to preserve the safety and well-being of our members and staff
- Working closely and communicating with staff regarding safe practices with the delivery of training sessions specific to client-trainer contact and proximity concerns
WHAT ELSE ARE WE AND WILL WE CONTINUE DOING AT RED DOT FITNESS TO STAY CLEAN AND SAFE?
- Closely monitor the situation and following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local health officials. We'll continue to take actions necessary to help protect you and our community
- Stop anyone who is sick with fever or respiratory symptoms from entering the facility
- Ensure that those who are at higher risk for serious illness refrain from entering the facility
- Ask everyone to hand sanitize or wash their hands upon entry and exit from the facility
- Continue to wipe down and spraying/sanitizing equipment, mats, and surfaces with disinfectant/cleaner after every use
- Use disinfectants more frequently on surfaces throughout the facility, including door handles, counters, light switches, and other “high-touch” surfaces
- Taking extra good care of our own health - to keep you safe
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO KEEP YOURSELF HEALTHY AND BOOST YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM?
- Take care of physical health: get plenty of sleep, stay hydrated, and maintain a healthy diet
- Maintain as much of your normal exercise routine as you can within healthy hygiene limits
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water and/or use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol content
- Avoid touching your face with your hands, particularly around your eyes, nose, or mouth
- When you or your loved ones are sick, stay home to prevent infecting others
- Sneeze into tissues or your elbow to minimize the spread of germs. Always wash your hands with soap and water (or use hand sanitizer) after you sneeze
- Always try to avoid others while they are sick
- Stay informed. The CDC and the World Health Organization (WHO) are updating their sites with the latest information, as are local public health departments
VIRTUAL & IN-HOME OPTIONS:
Currently, we are open and are planning to stay open (with the additional sanitation/disinfectant measures recommended by local and federal organizations). We are monitoring the situation and all associated public health developments day to day. If the situation worsens and it becomes prudent to stop seeing clients in the facility, we will release an updated statement outlining the various options we are currently working on for any digital or virtual workout sessions and/or services we can provide our community.
In the meantime, we’ve created workouts for you to do at home with minimal to zero equipment necessary. Please go HERE to access those.
One of the best ways to respond accordingly is through staying informed and knowing the facts. Fact check information found on social media or from potentially biased sources (the CDC and other scientific entities are your best resources).
We hope all of this information provides you with sense of confidence in the actions we’re taking, as well as what you can do to protect yourself and loved ones. We will continue to stay abreast of new information and update you as needed. For now, it’s business as usual – with close monitoring and lots of extra disinfecting.
Being home from work or school will likely give you some extra time. What a great time to get stronger, work on your mobility, and work on your nutrition! If you want us to provide an assessment or help create a home-friendly plan, we can do so in the facility or through phone or video-chat.
This is uncharted territory for all of us and we appreciate your understanding and patience with the situation. Please help us help you. As always, reach out to us with any questions or concerns you may have. We are happy to be a resource and support your health however we can.
~ The Red Dot Fitness TEAM
Send us a message here & we'll be in touch shortly!